Friday, September 30, 2011

Routine

When we were back in Kaiserslautern, we sort of established a routine. Each morning, I would wake up and make Oliver breakfast. By nine-thirty, he would be off to work. Then, I’ll go do some house duties; make the bed, water the plants, occasionally mop and vacuum the floor and prepare dinner. Come to think of it, I sound like a housemaid. If I’m not doing all that, I’ll either be on the computer or be reading a book. Oliver usually comes back at five and we’ll walk to the groceries or to town. Sometimes to grab coffee or ice cream, other times, just for the sake of walking. While most nights, it was only Oliver and me having dinner while watching Grey’s together, other nights we have friends over for dinner or potluck followed by cakes and ice creams and a game of monopoly afterwards. They are crazy about monopoly or any board games for that matters and I am saying they, because usually, I’ll stay out of the game. I find it too time and energy consuming.  We spent a lot of time in the kitchen especially when we’re baking. Yes, we. Oliver has been upgraded from a mere ‘guinea pig’ to kitchen assistant and a good one he is. We’ve been meaning to try baking coffee bun. So, following an online recipe; we tried, in fact, a couple of times. It’s not easy and it didn’t turn out as to what we expected the first few times. But one day, we had a new kitchen machine Oliver ordered and bought online, so we tried making and baking again, this time, it was pretty close to original. We have yet to establish a date night. You know how couples designate one day in a week as a date night. I think it’s important to have a date night now and even later when children come into the picture. Just to keep the intimacy and sparks between two people, away from all the distractions; work, television, computer and even kids. We do however, designate Thursday as Spaghetti day; where Oliver gets to work the kitchen and cook us spaghetti. He makes good spaghetti. Of course, the Asian me always tend to add more flavors to food; cut chili with soya sauce on any Chinese dishes, mayo/thousand islands on potatoes and salad, etc. chili garlic seasoning to Oliver’s spaghetti which always brings him to question, ‘Not enough taste, kah?’ with a slightly offended look on his face. Anyways, I’m writing these down because I miss those days, those routines. But most of all, I just miss my husband.
He's so sexy when he cooks. :P

No comments:

Post a Comment