Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Disneyland Tokyo

I'm not sure about you but I think one is never too old to enjoy Disneyland. I mean, how can the 'child' in you not reignite with the joyful rides, the happy tunes being played all day long everywhere in the park, the colourful parades, the walking mascots of your favourite Disney characters, one breathes air of youthfulness just being in Disneyland. For me, personally, Disneyland is a reminiscent of my childhood spent in the U.S. for a mere 2 years. The first time I went to Disneyland, it was in Florida and I was six. I was too young to recall much then. I do remember that I was sick, hence I didn't really enjoy Disneyland like other kids would or should. I also remember going into the 'It's a small world' ride and came out of it feeling more sick and since then, the song was never a favourite. Fast forward two decades, it was as if I was given another chance to enjoy Disneyland, like how I was supposed to twenty years ago and I did enjoy it. But you know what, travelling is half the fun without Oliver. So, while I am or was having the time of my life in Disney or Tokyo or anywhere for that matters, somewhere inside me wishes/wished that he was there to enjoy it with me. It felt like the whole experience was lacking of something. But this aside, a blessing is a blessing and not otherwise and it's good to know that Oliver and I had our fair share of travelling together and it ain't gonna stop there. We have plans, baby. The world is like a book that is ready to be read and we will read it page by page, city by city, country by country. Not always. But still. Together. At its best.
 Last meal before I went back home and that's a wrap for Japan.

No comments:

Post a Comment