Thursday, September 22, 2011

Back-Logged: Land of Rising Sun (Part 1)

This post is terribly overdue and I am afraid that the memories I have of Japan are just some vague snippets from the trip altogether. Thank goodness for pictures to remind the ‘short-term memory’ me, of the amazing trip, never mind it was more of a duty travel and I had to lead a team of journalists to write travel articles about Japan in the effort to attract and encourage the market to travel to Japan since Japan tourism industry was badly affected due to the quake tsunami in March 2011 and the lingering fear of leaked radiation afterwards.
But more on Japan or Tokyo, specifically; land of kimonos, animes and all things ‘Kawai’ which translates to ‘cute’, modern and developed in technological and infrastructural sense yet culturally rich and preserved, where its people have wicked sense of fashion (some extremely ‘wicked’ i.e. Harajuku girls) and how can I not mention, sushi and ramen, the two cuisines that are synonymous to Japan, Land of Rising Sun.
Five nights and three full days were simply too short to fully grasp Japan and her whole essence but I am blessed enough so I won’t complain. (Duty travel equals to fully paid expenses minus shopping expenses.)
This is my brief take on Japan in pictures from the trip. Loads of them, in fact. After all, pictures do paint a thousand words.
Isn't God amazing? How He creates something so beautiful.
 
After five hours of flight, I arrived Haneda Airport

First night, stayed at Tokyo Bay Makuhari
So many tabs on toilet seat!
May I add, the land of vending machines.
Weathered through the rain to walk up 1050 m to see the hot spring
Black egg, boiled/cooked from the hot spring
Yummiest hard boiled egg!
Don, our tour guide
My first authentic Ramen
Mount Fuji, covered with snow whole year round
Second night accomodation in a traditional Japanese room. So chic!
Try to at least, look like a Japanese :)

Eat like the Japanese
Sleep like a Japanese.
 I'll continue posting up more pictures on another day. Internet is darn slow. Ta.

No comments:

Post a Comment