Thursday, September 1, 2011

Back from Bali

And no, trip to Bali was not our honeymoon. Nevertheless, Bali has always been a place that I'd like to visit some day and when friends of Oli; Polly and Marco who came to our wedding suggested they visit Bali, Oliver and I decided to tag along. So, I got us an agent, booked the tour and off we went to Bali for four days and three nights. Anyways, I don't think I'll write a full post on Bali now since Oliver has not edited the hundreds of pictures he took and I need to pack since we're flying off to Frankfurt tomorrow. But I just want to say, Bali is beautiful. Of course, four days or rather three full days is simply not enough, while we managed to visit the recommended touristy places like the Uluwatu & Tanah Lot temples and the lakes, what I'd really like to do is spend more time just walking along the local streets to immerse in the everyday lives of the local Balinese rather than watching the whole thing from the comfort of our coach or hiking the mountainous or volcanic trails rather than just  looking at it from afar and it's sad that we didn't get to sample 'Bebek', some duck dishes or 'Babi Guling', Indonesia's version of suckling pig. But hey, that only means that we've got to make another trip to Bali. :D. Note to self and Oliver, 'must make another trip to Bali. Anyways, I've got to get back to packing. I'll write more when I'm in Germany since I won't have much to do anyways. 

I guess, till later. 

No comments:

Post a Comment