Monday, September 26, 2011

Land of Rising Sun (Part 2)

I guess Tokyo is fantastic for shopping if it wasn't too expensive. on day three, the group were brought to several shopping districts. Asakusa, Shinjuku, Ginza etc. I don't remember buying anything worth mentioning so for me, it was basically just enjoying the sight, sound and taste of Japan. The weather however was not too pleasant. We were warned the day before that a typhoon would be hitting Japan on our third day. But, thank God it wasn't that serious. Rain and drizzles aside, it was bearable with a good ol' umbrella. The Japanese, they don't really speak much English and despite knowing that we, foreigners, do not speak Japanese, they would continue going on and on and on in Japanese expecting us to understand. When it comes to queueing up, I bet, the Japanese could win the 'best queue' if there ever was a contest. However, the rule when it comes to catching a train ride during peak hours is even when space seems impossible, so as long as the train door is still open,  just squeeze your way in. Japanese, men and women are quite fashionable and that includes keeping up with the latest fashion trends, hairstyles, gadgets etc. So, it can be quite intimidating. I confessed that the first thing I did upon arriving home from Japan was go to the saloon to get a haircut. The pressure that didnn't last long. I do miss their convenience stores. I wanted to try all their snacks, instants noodles and mini pastries. I didn't though which reminds me, we do have a store selling Japanese goods. I might drop by one of these days. Picture time.

With Omo-sans.

Rain, rain go away...


In front of Asakusa Temple


Asakusa shopping street

Japanese Mochi.

Fountain in one of the shopping mall

Beef patties with cheese, potatoes and brocolli. Yummy!

Building, people and umbrellas.

Ginza Street, 'Champs Avenue' for Japan
One of my favourite shots throughout the trip

Kobe beef, hot pot, and warm sake, perfect end to the day

To be continued....

No comments:

Post a Comment