Monday, February 22, 2010

"Little Hong Kong"

Known as Little Hong Kong due to its high-storeys of buildings which look so ancient that sometimes you wonder if it's relevant but at times, you gotta admit the quint-essential of what makes Sandakan charming as it is. I was in Sandakan over the weekend, guiding my friend around. Brought her to a few of the main attractions e.g. Puu Ji Shih Chinese Temple, St. Michael Church, Agnes Keith House, Rainforest Discovery Centre among others. I'd reckon Sandakan is a beautiful place albeit boring for the lack of commercial entertainments e.g. shopping malls and recreational parks. But what it lacks of, the wealth of nature makes up for it. Anyway, here are a few of my favourite snapshot of Sandakan over the weekend.

Pu Ji Shih, Temple



We were blessed with great weather on that day although it was scorching hot but I'm not complaining because the blue skies were picture worth it!

St. Michael Church, Sandakan
(The oldest granite church in Malaysia)



Don't you just love blue sky?

Rainforest Discovery Centre, Sepilok Road Sandakan.


I got sore legs the next day after trekking the trails and going up and down the canopies.

I think the next time I go back Sandakan, I should do a food post because there're plenty of nice hawker food which I highly recommend to anyone who's visiting.

But, till then.