Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Silent Reverie

Today had been both emotional and inspiring; from testimonies of unconditional love to a song about a dream. Despite the bad news and casualties that are happening in amidst of our lives, there is also hope and  dream. And both of these extreme happenings were of the unknown being. I wept tears of sorrow for those who’ve passed. I wept tears of joy for those who live to celebrate. Funny cos' while it has nothing to do with Oliver and I, it has everything to do with us in nature. Sort of like a paradox of life. How you perceive the others and how it reflects upon you and affects the things you do. Life is fragile. But I think that is why we should celebrate it every chance we have. I’m feeling very melancholy; but in a good and appreciative way.

On a less melancholy note, yesterday, I was on a business day trip to and fro KL. Upon reaching KL’s international airport, I had some time to kill while waiting for a colleague to arrive on a later flight to hand me some documents. I decided to head to the bookstore and ended up at the magazine corner. The cover of Hot Magazine caught my eye with the likes of Katy Perry, Lady Gaga and Justin Bieber on the front page, thus the lure of the juicy Hollywood snippets, tempting me to just buy the magazine. The moment I picked up the magazine, I felt this guilt tugging in my guts. There I stood, in a business suit, about to buy a 5.90 gossip/entertainment magazine. How seemingly wrong, unprofessional and cheap in a bimbotic kind of way I felt. So without hesitation, I picked up Reader’s Digest magazine with the title ‘Your Guide to Investing, Saving and Making the most of your Money’ on its cover, brought both magazines to the counter and paid for it. I felt less guilty when I left the bookstore.

No comments:

Post a Comment