Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Happy Hump Day

One of my daily tasks is to email travel trades of our current promotion. While we do have a standard format of sending the email, I sometimes like to add a bit of a side friendly note to it. One Wednesday in particular, I've learnt that Wednesday is a Hump Day and one can wish 'Happy Hump Day!' Now, before, you start to think otherwise, read more about Hump Day. In brief, it means Wednesday, being the middle day of the week implies that you have to get "over the hump" before you can anticipate the weekend.

I thought it was a cool new thing to me. So, one Wednesday, when drafting out an email to travel trades, I've enthusiastically added 'Happy Hump Day!!!' and even linked it to its original meaning and press the 'Send' button.

A second later, I got a phone call from a colleague of mine and she went 'What did you just write in your email!!!???!!!!!!?' Apparently, despite linking it, some people still thought otherwise. Ooops.

No comments:

Post a Comment