Friday, December 11, 2015

New winter outfit and Christmas baking

Happy Advent season! It is officially 14 days before Christmas and I am so excited. We did some christmas shopping and we got the below outfit for our little guy from Zara kids. I just love Zara for kids. They have the cutest stuff and pretty affordable too. So we got him a  Jacquard jacket which is a thick wooly jacket, perfect for cold winter days and also a winter sneakers. I got the little guy to model his new outfit so i could take some pictures for his 27 months old portrait.

 

Another christmassy thing that I did yesterday was baked Christmas Shortbread Stars following a recipe by Tanya Burr. I am a sucker for simple recipe and this recipe is really that simple. All you need are flour, butter, sugar and some vanilla extract which are staple ingredients if you are already into baking. And I happened to love english shortbreads but I always think that they are a bit pricy (3 to 4 euros) and whenever they have a promotion (1.7 euros) in Aldi (our local store), I stocked up on them. But since I came upon this recipe and knowing how easy it was to make it, I am just over the moon. A few pictures of the baking process and the finished product! 





Yum. I'm going to put my little guy down for his afternoon nap now and have these with a hot cup of coffee later while I spend some quiet time doing devotion reading. Happy counting down to Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment