Wednesday, November 11, 2015

It is all worth it!

Earlier today I found myself reflecting on those earlier days when we became parents. Honestly, I struggled. I felt like I wasn't cut out to be a mum. I was constantly tired from poor sleep. Zachary was a poor sleeper  until he turned 18 months and that was when I weaned him off night nursing and he gradually slept through the night. But before that, I didn't know better and I was nursing him on demand. And when he fussed a little I automatically just nursed him because I was too tired to rock him back to sleep. Well, Zachary has gone a long way since then. He now sleeps so well and sometimes I couldn't believe I would see the day where I get to sleep 7-8 hours straight. My next challenge would be to potty train him and I must admit, I am a little terrified with this whole thing but at the same time, I am positive that there will come a day where my son will be sleeping through the night AND potty trained and I am going to look back and say, all those struggles and 'poop' accidents are worth it! Okay, now I need to read up on this potty training 101 business. 

He is so worth it. 
Photos by Oli.

No comments:

Post a Comment