Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Lucky I'm In Love With My Best Friend

There were so many moments to cherish from our engagement day. From seeing families and friends come together, the formalities that took place to the amusement of friends who were not accustomed to Kadazan's tradition when it comes to engagement, revelling and thanking God for the beautiful weather throughout, having been blessed not once, but twice by a Cathecist and Reverends respectively among other blessings by family and friends. When I planned for the engagement (and yes, Oli let me planned the whole thing and he was there to help whenever needed), what I had in my must-have-during-eday list were cupcakes, balloons, candles, pictures of us hung around, good food and good company. And we had all that. I also wanted a fun photobooth where our guests can take fun pictures with us and just have fun with it. This part was challenging because we had the party at the pool side area and due to time constraint, it would be time, money and energy consuming to create a physical photobooth. So, a friend suggested why not just get a writing board where guests could write their messages to us and take pictures with it. I thought, it was a good idea, simple and practical. So we did just that. Anyway back to moments. I guess nothing beats to just look at the person you love and to feel blessed, lucky and excited to just embark on another journey as best friends and of course as fiance and fiancee. Still getting used to those terms.Pictures ahead. Enjoy.

Candid facial expressions

And here he comes

Jon doing what he does best
 
Feeding cake to each other is just not our thing hence the awkwardness

Decorating the room by hanging polaroid pictures of us. Thanks Jeremy and Samentha!
 
Alice who flew all the way from Sandakan just to be there. How awesome!
 
I find this funny. What's with Jon's facial expression? So uncle...!

Beautiful couple

I love the fact that he's good with kids.

Guests & messages

Those who travelled miles to celebrate the special day with us. Thank you!

The girls and a baby
 
The family of two


No comments:

Post a Comment