Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Tis' all part of the grand plan

Every bride has or wants to look their best on their wedding day. Well, I'm working on that. I'm monitoring my food intake more closely. Although, I still fall into temptations every now and then. But hey, I'm trying. So far, I'm trying to stick to oats or cereals as my main diet food. Recently, I had these cravings for smoked ham and egg sandwiches and I figured, though it looked light, it's not actually diet-friendly. Plus, I had it with melted cheese. Guilty. I know. This whole diet thing is pretty tough. But, I'm getting the hang of it.

However, I'm not sure if it's due to my diet or my zumba class or both, I'm happy to report that I'm feeling lighter and healthier which is a good thing. Just last night, I played tennis for the first time. I'm quite lousy at it lah. I can't even return an easy ball. It's like I saw the ball coming, and when I tried to swing and hit it, I missed! Very frustrating I tell you. But hey, it's all in the name of workout and boy, did I really work out. I spent more time chasing and picking up the ball.

Hey, that's me climbing and reaching to the top.
Oh, I also tried rock climbing for the first time two weekends ago. It was so much fun! At first, I was not sure of myself on whether I'll be able to climb the man made vertical rock. At first glance, it looked pretty daunting and high up. But then I started climbing and I just went up further and further until lo and behold, I succeeded to reach the top. In fact, I tried four different levels of difficulty and I reach the top in every climb and the feeling that I got when I reach the top was amazing. It felt like, all things are possible. Anyways, prior to rock climbing, I asked Oliver for some advice because he did rock climbing before, the real deal, rock climbing in nature. He said, it's not so much about the physical strength, but mental strength. Because there will be times, when your body tells you, 'okay, that's it, I'm tired. My leg hurts.' But if you keep a strong mind and will yourself to not give up, you'll climb higher. And it's true what he said. There were times during the climb when I thought, I can't go further up. I'm going to fall if I reach for that handle. But then, I thought, I'm just going to go for it. Reach a little further. And I did. So yes, I think everyone should try rock climbing. If not for the fun of it, maybe for the experience, the challenge and some self taught lessons like it did for me.

So yeah. As my post title goes, this is all part of the grand master plan. To be healthier. (p.s. slimmer, toner, leaner for the wedding, hehehehe) Ta.


1 comment: