Sunday, May 8, 2011

This is to prove...

...that while Oliver was so much cuter than I was when we were toddlers, I was way, way cooler. I mean, how can you beat the sunglass and mini harley. :D


This is us now. I love this picture of us. It was a serendipitious shot. Had the old man who was riding the almost dysfunctional bike together with probably his granddaughter rejected our request to borrow his bicycle, we wouldn't have this cute-sy shot of us. Again, I happened to be cooler and Oli, cuter.

Geez.

On a side note, one year ago, I got to plan a brilliant surprise party for Oliver with the help of a couple of his friends. But not this year. Boo hoo. For a while, I had this idea of flying over, get his friend to fetch me from the airport and surprise him on his birthday. But then, there is the time and money and a bit of logistic constraints. My only comfort is to know that I'll be seeing him soon. Next month in fact. Yes! I'll get to see my baby graduate! Hopefully though because the date for his 'defence' is not confirmed yet. By the way, a defence is basically where the student i.e. Oli, faces a panel of professors to discuss about his research paper and he has to defend his paper. Should he pass, which I'm pretty sure he will, he will then graduate there and then and earn his PhD and then, we'll celebrate. His parents and my mum are going to be there. So, I'm really looking forward to this trip. Another reason why I'm excited for this trip is we'll be moving in to our new apartment! A place we will call home in the near future. I've seen pictures of it and it look oh so quiant. 

So many things happening ahead. The graduation, the wedding, and of course the whole new chapter of being married. With all these happening, I just want to thank God for His abundance of blessings. I believe He loves us and provide us the best and for this, we're truly humble and grateful. So Thank You Lord.

Right, I'm going to catch some beauty sleep. Ta.