Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Under the weather and a bit of Strasbourg

Past weeks haven't been easy for me. Let's just say i've been pretty sick and my sickness took a toll last week, imagine fever, congested nose, and the cough that seemed to last forever. Throw a couple bout of vomiting and facial skin rashes,suffice to say, I've never been this sick my entire life. However, I am grateful to say that I am on my way to recovery as of now, hence the energy to write. My husband though, has caught on the flu bug. Bless him. 

Anyways, I thought I update this little blog of mine with some picture post dated from last year. I'll start from our trip to Strasbourg. Strasbourg is a little French provincial town about 3 hours train ride from Kaiserslautern. Oh, did i mention that i like the fact that we could do mini train rides and be in another country for a day and return home at the end of the day. I think I wrote a post back where we were in 3 countries in day; Metz, France, Luxembourg and of course, Germany. Back to Strasbourg. Oli and I went a few days before Christmas just because we've never been there and we heard that it has a really nice Christmas market. A friend also told me that Strasbourg reminds her of the little town in Beauty and the Beast disney movie, at the beginning where Belle was singing "Little town, there's a quite village...". Okay, you get the picture if you've watched it. Now, let me show you Strasbourg from Oli's lens. 

That's me in front of the train station.

Decorated windows

The city middle square

Real Christmas trees

Entrance of the Notredame Church in Strasbourg

'Window shopping' for Christmas trinkets. We've got most of our Christmas decor already. So, I didn't get any. :(

Old clock inside the church.

Father and son quality time together.

Busy Christmas market.

Love bird. This will be such a cool picture if it was Oli and I, right. Oh well. 

More decorated windows

View of town from back canal

The rain actually created a nice tone to the picture; like how the wet street reflects light.

Beautiful alley but oh so crowded!

Very expensive mall, we didn't bother going in but it has a nice view from outside at night.


Oh, I thought I combine this post with our Prague trip but I think Prague deserves a post of its own. Till later. :)

1 comment:

  1. get well soon Mel and Oli too. The bugs are flying all over the world I guess. your home country included.

    Take care.

    ~Aunty Zu~

    ReplyDelete