Monday, September 5, 2011

Settling down

One of the most common questions thrown to me nowadays is 'how's married life?'. If I am to be honest, I'll say, I'm still trying to get used to it. Maybe the same goes for Oliver. I guess being married aside, the challenge would be living together. Now, that would take a lot of getting used to than the former. We had a conversation the other day with another married couple that almost crossed into the borderline of an argument but for the sake of being positive, let's just say, it was a healthy argument as it talked about the reality that we're facing. Two people with different personalities, habits and quirks living together at some points are bound to get into each other skins. So the next challenge is how much would one be willing to give and take. It gets harder when two people with rather strong personalities on different extremes. I guess that's marriage for you. Well, only a part of it. 

That aside, I'm pretty sure being married is great. I mean, it already is. It goes back to the anecdote that says life is a parcel and we are to open and enjoy it as it presents itself. Personally, I find joy in being married; traveling together as husband and wife, having to refer to Oliver as my husband, deciding furnitures for the house, buying groceries together, figuring out what to cook for the husband each day, seriously, I'm a lot more motivated to cook now that I'm with him, just yesterday morning, I woke up so early and already my brain was working out a breakfast for him. We joined a prayer walk organized by the church, went to friend's BBQ and you know, basically just doing things together because these are the things that brings us closer and these are memories to be.

Bali in August '11. Definitely go back there some day.

No comments:

Post a Comment