Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Travel New Zealand: Auckland (Part 1)

Finally, I have time to sit down and write about my New Zealand trip. Seriously, this past few weeks, I've been cooped up in the meeting room, staring at the laptop screen until late hours so much so I fall sick! Now that the annual sales planning and budget meeting is over, I can finally unwind a little. But before that, fyi, Oliver is in Greece! That lucky fella.

Anyway, NZ trip with the family was nice. It wasn't great, but still, nice. The first two days and last two days were spent in Auckland, also nicknamed 'The City of Sail'.We stayed in Manukau, which is another city, 30 mins drive from Auckland. Nothing much to say about Manukau although, i must say that the apartment we stayed in is recommendable. Nice and well equipped apartment, friendly staffs, about 20 mins drive from the airport, the Manukau Westfield shopping centre and cinema is right in front of the apartment and Rainbow End Theme Park, largest Theme Park in NZ is within walking distance.

The day we arrived in Auckland, we only went to Manukau Westfield shopping centre. Marshal and I watched Twilight Saga: New Moon while the parents went shopping. The next day, we went to Waiheke Island in the morning and just explore Auckland city in the afternoon. So, let me show you some pictures.

Let's go to Waiheke!

Ferry Building @ Viaduct Harbour


 I think I was trying to do a scene from Titanic if you know what i mean..

Marshal and I

Meet my parents

Me with a bag of cheese flavoured corn chips *Heart*

Onetangi Beach

Isolated Onetangi Beach where I was eaten by sandflies alive.

Don't i just blend in with the surrounding wild flowers?

One of the many vineyards in Waiheke Island. The saddest thing was we didn't get to do any wine tasting because we were too early and most vineyard only open for wine tasting at 12noon.

Nice backdrop eh?

At the vineyard

Me again

 Always wanted a horse

This was when we returned to the city and there was a parade going on.




 Ooh, mini cheerleaders


This was us walking along the road after the parade ended

A street performer doing his thing



  That's pretty much what we did the first day.

Anyway, next post will be on Rotorua.

Cheers now.

No comments:

Post a Comment