Thursday, May 28, 2009

Europe: Germany Series: Trier

This will be the last post for our series of trip to Europe. So, what can I say about Trier. We went there by train. And before I type on further, I would like to proclaim my undying love for Europe mode of public transportation, namely, the most efficient buses and trains. Seriously! They are clean, well-organized, efficient and most importantly punctual. So punctual, that you can’t afford to be late even for a second. Best to be at the bus or train station at least 10 minutes before the scheduled departure. So, I kind-a miss the buses and trains because it’s a rare experience for me. Back home, I have my own car to drive around but even if you ask me to use the bus to go to town, I’d rather not because you know-lah how our public transportation is. Sad case. Okay, back to Trier. It is the oldest city in Germany according to Oliver. So, I imagined it to be old, like medieval old. True enough, when we arrived in the city of Trier, we entered this huge stone brick façade and beyond us, was stretch of wide alley with quaint looking buildings on both sides of the alley. And I recall Oliver telling me something about the buildings’ door entrance. Back in the old days, there were no entrances or doors on the ground floor. The doors are on the second floor and one must use a ladder to climb up to the entrance door on the second floor. Like the one below. But the building below have been modified and made into a cafe. But you can still see the door at the left wall of the building.

Other than that, well, why not I just show you pictures of Trier, aye?














So, that's the end of the our trip...Sigh. Miss those travelling days. Hopefully, if all is well, we might be planning another trip this December. Still deciding... :) Leave you guys now with my favourite picture from the entire trip. :)
Cheers,
Oli and Mel

No comments:

Post a Comment